Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cinematic Addiction



In Yesterday's I had given a hint on my future posts.Well I am suffering from a serious addiction--Movies.Its almost become a habit to watch at least 1 movie per day whether I have office or not.I really hope i grow out of it but a cure for this plague is nowhere near my sight.So I take this opportunity to share some of the movies residing in my Laptop,hoping against hope someone else catches this contagious illness(Just jokin!)

A Clockwork Orange----Said to be second most disturbing movie of all time.Directed by the legendary Stanley Kubrick,just caught some snaps,full of violence and nudity...still not sure of the plot expecting it to be of an abstract one!!!

Chalo Lets Go(Bengali)----A movie made by one of my favourite directors Anjan Dutta.This movie follows the experience of a touring party .The movie has an ensemble cast and some wonderful witty dialogues.It really challenges the psyche in you,throws at us the wierdness of the human within us.A must watch is all I can say!!!

Dark City---How much this movie influenced me is reflected by the stand-alone post I wrote on it.You can go through it again here.

Invictus:The movie i watched yesterday.Yet another small albiet bright gem by Clint Eastwood.The movie was no doubt an excellent one but everything got overshadowed by Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela...what an Actor!!!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail-I am a huge fan of British Comedies and firmly believe no one can comedies the like our erstwhile rulers do.A unapologetic,tounge in cheek approach with straight face acting.This movie is utterly hilarious and sometimes you might just think what on this Earth these guys are doing.Plot includes a comcal(and satirical)look at the King arthur and his Knights and their Quest(so called) for the Holy grail.I can bet this movie would evoke extreme views.You would either hate it and stop watching it midway(or even before that) or laugh your guts out!(like me)



I will end here but promising to list more movies here as my list is pretty much endless!!!!!

1 comment:

Gongaforing said...

Invictus is indeed a good movie. dont know anything about the rest...
and isn't it better to watch a good movie every week than any movie everyday..? otherwise, I dont think your new disease will take much time to be cured.... :)