Friday, August 27, 2010

Cinematic Addiction-Part II

This turns out to be the second consecutive article on my adventures with various movies(sometimes misadventures too!)The addiction seems to be taking a more vice grip on my mind as the days goes by and I would take the opportunity to rattle out some more movies which has been viewed in the recent times.
Please note this is not a movie guide or even a review show.I am just jotting down the amount of movies(a whole lot crap) I have been watching so that one day in the future i would remind myself of those days where I frittered my my valuable time.Enough of the heavy talk and so here we go!!!!!!!!

1)Prince of Persia:Similar to Lara Croft series another video to big screen adaption but this one was more inclined to the Mummy genre.Unfortunately the buck stops there as the movie is neither good or funny.A huge disappointment to say the least.

2)Scorched:Now this is a cute bank heist movie.A little bit of digging on the net gave me the information that thuis movie earned a measly $8000 on an investment of $8 million from the box office!!!A total and complete disaster.But the movie itself was not that bad.Its a nice watch on a lazy weekend when you have nothing else to do.Hopeless people like me should definitely give it a try,couple of grunts and chuckles are guaranteed.

3)Shaun of the Dead:A rip off/Caricature of the Romero's Zombie Hit "Dawn of the Dead" this is yet another wacko British comedy.The smartness comes with the dumbness and thats the magic of the movie.People with a dry sense of humor can try it out ...worth it.

4)Shutter(Thai):Now this is a really smart horror movie.Even though the horror quotient is nowhere near the Japanese flicks this one has a solid storyline albeit a bit Bollywoodish and a really good ending.Horror Buffs do watch it!!!

5)The Ghost Writer:Now this is only the 2nd movie I have watched of Roman Polanski after The Pianist and wow! he is good.A very tight script with some excellent performances elevates this Political drama.

Well If anyone out there in the Blogosphere follows me and thinks I am wasting my time writing such utter rubbish,do contact me and convey your message.That would be Heartwarming.Rock the world  and see you later .

2 comments:

Satya said...

You have gone mad...!!

OptimuM IconoclasT said...

Thanks Satya ..But unfortunately that is old news
Have any idea of a good therapy,cure center to get this bug out of my head???