Friday, September 3, 2010

Cinematic Addictions Part THREE



Well as promised in my earlier post I am back with a new set of movies which I have seen recently(:P) as I continue my awesome lifestyle of work,sleep,eat and movies.I know I know people out there are feeling jealous but there are lot of things you need to sacrifice for such a morbid ,glut-tonic ,hapless,shameless living.Now Now I am drifting away from what I intend to write about...one of my favorite pastimes...MOVIES!!!
Alert!!!My weekend lifestyle is different with other sorts of pleasures taking the front seat notably watching Arsenal over the tube.
So here goes another fresh list of movies.Kindly do your research before you try to watch them..... remember your taste is unique.

1)12 Angry men---Well i started watching the movie at 1 o clock at night feeling sleepy.I was wide awake within 30 mins and when i finished around 2:30 AM in the morning,only the movie was hovering in my mind.In my street lingo I would describe it as "ulti".Just three sets.a courtroom,a washroom and the jury room(where the action takes place for 95% ).Nothing but 12 juries discussing on a case.Riveting.Watch it!!!!

2)21 grams:Well I have to admit I was a bit disappointed after watching this movie.Way too slow for my taste.Its non linear style of story telling was not as good as Memento.

3)Eternal Sunshine of the  spotless mind:Well what can I say .After watching this movie i can safely say Jim Carrey is no way inferior to our Johnny Depp.Along with one of my favorite actresses Kate Winslet they take this unusual love story to greater heights.Surely a one to catch.

4)Gangs of New York:Well what can I say when you have a ensemble cast of Danny Day Lewis,Leonardo Di Caprio and Cameron Diaz with the directorial baton in the able hands of Martin Scorsese fireworks are bound to fly.From the opening Scottish war theme to the ultimate climax this is one flawless movie.Have a taste for period dramas...go for it!!!!

5)Heartbreakers: I will end today's list with a con movie.A comedy in that.Mother and daughter duo of Sigourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewitt play with men's heart for money.A time pass...nothing more than that.Actually watched the movie for Weaver as my admiration for her skyrocketed after watching the Alien Series.What a Woman!!

I will end today by admitting a fact that in between there was 1 movie which i sat to watch but could not finish.
Scott Pilgrim vs the World.I have only 1 thing to say,either the movie is dumb or I ...Chose carefully!!!!

2 comments:

Canonical Cacophony said...

Where is Swami Ji?

OptimuM IconoclasT said...

ha ha good question...even I do not know!!!!